Citrus Cream With Raspberries
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
5 Egg Yolks
5 millilitres Grated Lemon Rind
80 millilitres Lemon Juice
¾ cup Sugar
60 grams Unsalted Butter, cubed
50 millilitres 35% Cream, whipped to soft peaksFresh Raspberry Puree
350 grams Raspberries
100 millilitres Apple Juice
100 millilitres Dessert Wine
50 millilitres HoneyBuckingham Place Shortbread
8 ounces Butter
4 ounces Icing Sugar
4 ounces Corn Starch
8 ounces Bread FlourTo Assmble
100 grams Blackberries, fresh
100 grams Raspberries, fresh
6 sprigs Fresh Mint
4 scoops Vanilla Ice or Fruit Sorbet, optional
1. Place yolks, rind, juice and sugar in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Place bowl over a pot of simmering water (Bain Marie) and stir until thickened and a ribbon appears on top of curd and stays visible until the count of 3, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in butter a little at a time until incorporated. Cool.
4. When the mixture is almost cold add the whipped cream.Fresh Raspberry Puree
1. In a blender, purée the berries, wine, honey and juice, until smooth.
2. Check for the consistency and taste of the puree. If necessary, add more of the honey to attain the desired sweetness, to reach the desired consistency.
3. Strain the puree through a fine sieve to remove seeds ready for service.Buckingham Place Shortbread
1. Mix all ingredients together until if forms a dough like consistency do not over work the dough.
2. Roll out to a ½ inch thickness and cut into circles or fingers.
3. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in a preheat oven 170C (350F) for 10-15 minutes.
4. When golden in color remove from oven and sprinkle with granulated sugar and leave to cool on wire rack.
5. This Recipe will make apron 24 1 inch Shortbreads When almost chilled break into large nuggets to resemble a crumble for the pudding.To Assmble
1. Place a spoon of the lemon cream in the bottom of the glass cups, arrange raspberries and blackberries on top. Add a few shortbread nuggets and a layer of the fruit puree. Continue to do this until your glass is almost half full top with a spoon of scoop of fresh vanilla Ice cream or fruit sorbet garnish with fresh mint and serve.