Coconut Indian Chicken in a Bag
- prep time 5 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 2
2 chicken breasts
4 baby potatoes
1 inch piece of ginger
freshly ground pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon curry powder
½ cup coconut cream
¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Prepare your aluminum foil to package up your chicken. Take two pieces of aluminum foil about 2 feet long and lay them on a counter perpendicular to each other. Do the same thing again for your second chicken package.
3. Slice the potatoes as thin as you possibly can and microwave on high for 1 minute.
4. Divide potatoes in half and distribute in a layer in the middle of your aluminum paper sheets.
5. Slice onion thinly and divide on top of the pile of potatoes.
6. Peel the skin from the ginger and discard, thinly slice and scatter on top of the onions.
7. In a small bowl combine salt, cumin, coriander, curry powder and lots of freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle a teaspoon of the spice mixture over each set of vegetables.
8. Trim the chicken breasts to remove the oyster and slice each breast open to butterfly it, this will help it cook faster.
9. Place each breast on the top of one of the vegetable piles. Sprinkle with remaining spice mixture and rub the spices into the chicken. Put a big pinch of cilantro on each pile.
10. Wrap up each package leaving just enough room to pour in the coconut cream. Pour half of the coconut cream into each package and seal it completely.
11. Bake on a cookie sheet for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
12. You can serve directly in the package, or remove from the package and plate with all the juices. Finish with a small pinch of cilantro.