Codfish Cakes from Chafe's Landing
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
1 lb. salt cod
2 Tbsp margarine
1 onion, finely chopped
½ tsp pepper
1 Tbsp savoury
1. Freshen salt cod by soaking it overnight in cold water.
2. Drain water and place salt cod in a pot and cover with fresh water. Bring to a simmer and cook on low heat for 5 minutes and then drain.
3. Boil potatoes until tender and mash.
4. Heat margarine in a frying pan until hot and add onions. Cook until translucent.
5. Blend onions into mashed potatoes and add flaked cod, savoury and pepper.
6. Shape mixture into cakes.
7. Fry cakes in a pan with a small amount of heated margarine for approximately 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
8. Serve with a garden salad.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site