- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
1 Spanish hot banana pepper, diced into small pieces
2 cups of yellow tomatoes peeled and seeded (500ml) (approx. 8 tomatoes)
1 yellow pepper, seeded and roughly diced
3 green onions roughly chopped
1.5 whole English cucumbers, roughly chopped, skin on
3 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
1 cup vegetable stock
2 teaspoons Worcestershire
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Salt and white pepper to taste
1. To remove the skin from the tomatoes score an “X” in the bottom of the tomato with a sharp knife only going through the skin.
2. Place the tomatoes in a pot of boiling salted water for 30 seconds. Remove from the water and immediately plunge into a bowl of cold water and ice for 30 seconds.
3. Remove the tomatoes from the cold water and using your hands peel the skins off. Cut the tomato in half and discard the seeds.
4. Place all the ingredients with the tomatoes into a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
5. Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
6. Chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
7. Pour into cups to serve.