Cold Kicker Stew
- prep time 10 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 4
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon turmeric
3 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 ½ cups kale, chopped
½ cup parsley, chopped
sea salt, to taste
1. Place a large saucepan over the stove, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and turn to medium heat.
2. Add onion and celery and sautée for 2 minutes.
3. Add ginger, garlic, turmeric and squash and sautée for 2 minutes.
4. Add broth and a pinch of sea salt.
5. Bring to boil, reduce to a simmer and cover the pot, cooking until the squash is soft, about 20 minutes.
6. Stir in the kale and parsley. Add more sea salt to taste if necessary.
7. Remove from heat and serve immediately.