Cold Kicker Stew
- prep time 10 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 4
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
2 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp turmeric
3 cup butternut squash, peeled and cubed
4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
1 ½ cup kale, chopped
½ cup parsley, chopped
sea salt, to taste
1. Place a large saucepan over the stove, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and turn to medium heat.
2. Add onion and celery and sautée for 2 minutes.
3. Add ginger, garlic, turmeric and squash and sautée for 2 minutes.
4. Add broth and a pinch of sea salt.
5. Bring to boil, reduce to a simmer and cover the pot, cooking until the squash is soft, about 20 minutes.
6. Stir in the kale and parsley. Add more sea salt to taste if necessary.
7. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site