Comfort Food Combo
- prep time 0 min
- total time 10 min
- serves 3
18 oz boneless pork loin, trimmed anc cut into three pieces
1 pinch salt and pepper on each
flour for breading
breadcrumbs for breading
3 Tbsp oil
3 Granny Smith apples, slicedSpinach Salad
2 cup baby spinach leaves
½ cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
3 Tbsp sliced almonds, toastedMacaroni and Cheese
2 cup macaroni
½ cup cold pack cheddar cheese, grated
2 cup aged cheddar cheese, grated
¼ cup flour
2 cup whole milk
¼ cup butter
salt and pepper, to tasteDressing
½ medium onion
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
½ cup vegetable oil
1. Place chops between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Pound with meat mallet to 1/8-inch thick. (.3 cm)
2. In a shallow bowl or plate have flour mixed with salt and pepper.
3. In a bowl place egg and whisk.
4. Use another shallow bowl for breadcrumbs, seasoned with salt and pepper.
5. Lightly coat pounded pork in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then into breadcrumbs, pressing crumbs to coat.
6. Heat oil and 3 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Heat till butter stops foaming. Working in batches, add cutlets to skillet; cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
7. Cook apples in a separate pan in remaining butter until cooked through and soft. Serve with macaroni and sautéed spinach.Spinach Salad Macaroni and Cheese
1. Melt butter on medium heat; add flour and salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Slowly add milk, whisking till smooth. Cook on medium heat until thickened. Add grated cheese.
3. Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until al dente. Mix with cheese sauce.Dressing
1. Mix all of the dressing ingredients well in a blender. Toss spinach with dressing until lightly coated.
2. Top dressed spinach with strawberries and a sprinkle of almonds.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site