- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 10
¾ cup corn flour
½ cup cornmeal
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup melted butter
1 cup corn kernels, cooked (about 1 ear)
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp olive oilGrill Version Oven Version
1. Light the gas grill and set the burners to medium. Put a 25-cm (10-inch) cast iron frying pan on the cooking grate and close the grill's lid.
2. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and green onion. Add the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Add the butter and corn, stir gently.
4. Remove the frying pan from the grill. Coat with the oil. Pour the batter into the pan. Return the pan to the grill, close the grill's lid and turn the temperature down to medium. Cook for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
5. Serve with butter or sour cream and salsa.Oven Version
1. Put the oven rack in the middle position. Place a 25-cm (10-inch) cast iron frying pan on the rack. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
3. Note: Corn flour is a powder obtained by milling corn kernels. It has the same texture as all-purpose flour. Cornmeal is ground corn sold in three textures: fine, medium and coarse.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site