Country Apricot Chicken with Rice and Broccoli
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
10 Boneless-Skinless Chicken Thighs (1 3/4 lb / 800 g)
3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
¾ cup Apricot Jam
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
1 ½ cup Basmati or White Rice
3 cup Water
1 lb. (450 gms) Broccoli Florets (Approximately 5 Cups)
1. Take out equipment and ingredients.
2. The night before: Unravel thighs, then flatten and scrunch together in an oven-safe baking dish or pan.
3. Combine the following in a small bowl; soy sauce, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, apricot jam, olive oil, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Quarter onions and add to bowl.
4. Pour sauce evenly over chicken. Flip the chicken around with a fork until each piece is thoroughly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge overnight.
5. When you arrive home: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine rice and water in a large oven-safe pot.
6. Stir, cover and place on center rack of preheated oven.
7. Place chicken, uncovered, in oven beside rice. Set timer for 55 minutes.
8. Wash and cut broccoli.
9. Place in microwave-safe pot with lid with 2 Tbsp water and a little butter if you must.
10. Cover and microwave at high 3 minutes, then let stand.
11. When timer rings for chicken and rice, microwave broccoli an additional 2 minutes.
12. Use the left over sauce for drizzling on your rice!!!
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site