Couscous-Crusted Salmon with Caper Mayonnaise, Rice and Zucchini
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
1 cup couscous
1 ½ cup liquid (i.e. chicken broth)
Garlic, onion, cilantro, mushrooms, etc… (optional)
1 cup 1 cup light mayonnaise
1 tsp hot pepper relish
1 tsp prepared garlic (in a jar)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp capers
1 Tbsp basil pesto (I have a handy tube I leave in the fridge for small amounts.)
1 ½ cup basmati or white rice
3 cup water
½ cup flour
¼ cup cold water
1 tsp canola oil
2 large zucchini
Prepared flour, egg, couscous
1 cup pine nuts
6 piece of wild salmon (approx 150g each)
1 Tbsp grated Parmesan
1. The night before...
2. Just before dinner...
3. Whisk egg and water in a mixing bowl until combined.
4. Heat a small amount of oil in a large non stick fry pan.
5. Wash and slice zucchini into 1/2 inch disks adding to pan as you slice. Do not put 6 of the slices in the pan. When zucchini is nicely brown but still firm, set aside in foil to keep warm. Coat the remaining pieces in this order; flour, egg and finally couscous. Place in pan as you coat. Add pine nuts to pan. Once zucchini and pine nuts are brown, set aside.
6. Coat the salmon using the same method, adding to hot pan as you coat.
7. Serve salmon with uncoated zucchini and rice, with the caper sauce on the side. For the vegetarian in the house, serve the coated zucchini with grated Parmesan on top, then top with pine nuts with the caper sauce on the side.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site