Crab Cakes & Chipotle Mayo
- serves 0
1 package (200g/7 oz) frozen crabmeat, thawed (canned will do) well drained
¼ cup each finely diced carrots and sweet red peppers
¼ cup finely chopped green onions
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 ¼ cup *Panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp Vegetable oilChipotle Mayo
2 chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
½ cup light mayonnaise
Dash Worcestershire sauce
1. Place crabmeat in a sieve; pick through it to remove any cartilage. Press firmly to remove liquid and transfer the crab meat to a bowl.
2. Add red peppers, onions, egg, 2 tbsp of bread crumbs, seasoning, 3 tbsp of chipotle mayo and stir to combine.
3. Sprinkle the remaining breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Press heaping tablespoons of crab mixture into ½ inch thick patties, and roll in bread crumbs. Then refrigerate for up to 24 hours covered.
4. In a non stick pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook crab cakes in batches adding more oil as needed and cook until golden (usually 3 minutes or so per side).
5. Keep them warm on a rack over a baking sheet with sides in the oven at 250°F/130°C oven.Chipotle Mayo
1. Wearing rubber gloves, finely chop chipotle peppers.