- prep time1 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 16
Get restaurant taste from the comfort of your own home with these delicious crab cakes and chipotle mayo.
1 frozen crab, meat, thawed
⅓ cup finely diced sweet red pepper
¼ cup finely diced sweet green pepper
¼ cup chopped green onion
1 egg, beaten
1 ¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp vegetable oilChipotle Mayonnaise
2 chipotle pepper
½ cup light mayonnaise
1 Tbsp adobo sauce
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1. Prepare Chipotle Mayonnaise.
2. Place crabmeat in sieve; pick through to remove any cartilage.
3. Press firmly to remove liquid.
4. Transfer to large bowl.
5. Add red and green peppers, onions, egg, 2 tablespoons (25 mL) of the bread crumbs and 3 tablespoons (50 mL) of the chipotle mayonnaise; stir until well combined.
6. Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs in shallow dish.
7. Form crabmeat mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls (15 mL) into balls; roll in bread crumbs.
8. Place balls on waxed paper-lined baking sheet; flatten to 2-inch (5 cm) diameter. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours).
9. In nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; cook crab cakes, in batches and adding enough of the remaining oil as necessary, for 3 minutes per side or until golden.
10. Serve with Chipotle Mayonnaise.Chipotle Mayonnaise
1. Wearing rubber gloves, finely chop Chipotle peppers.
2. In small bowl, whisk together chipotles, mayonnaise, adobo sauce and Worcestershire sauce; set aside.