Creamed Corn with Bacon and Chanterelles
0 min total time
0 min serves
My version of creamed corn is nothing like the mushy canned variety. I left half of the kernels whole for texture and I added bacon to give it a delicious smoky flavour. I love chanterelles but any wild mushroom variety can be used instead.
Directions for: Creamed Corn with Bacon and Chanterelles
cup heavy cream
oz thickly sliced bacon, chopped
Tbsp unsalted butter
oz chanterelles, cleaned, sliced
scallion, thinly sliced
tsp fresh lemon juice
coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper
Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
2. Add corn and cook 6 minutes.
3. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
4. Shave kernels off cobs with a sharp paring knife.
5. Put the cream, the water, and half the corn in a blender and purée. Set corn purée aside.
6. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
7. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 4 minutes.
8. Drain on paper towels and wipe out pan.
9. Heat butter over moderate heat in the same saucepan and add chanterelles. Cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
10. Add corn, corn purée, scallions and lemon juice to pan.
11. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Simmer over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
13. Add bacon back to pan. Heat through.
14. Stir and serve.
15. Garnish with the chopped parsley.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.
Check out the site