4 ears corn
⅓ cup heavy cream
½ cup water
2 oz thickly sliced bacon, chopped
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
6 oz chanterelles, cleaned, sliced
2 scallion, thinly sliced
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
2. Add corn and cook 6 minutes.
3. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
4. Shave kernels off cobs with a sharp paring knife.
5. Put the cream, the water, and half the corn in a blender and purée. Set corn purée aside.
6. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
7. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 4 minutes.
8. Drain on paper towels and wipe out pan.
9. Heat butter over moderate heat in the same saucepan and add chanterelles. Cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
10. Add corn, corn purée, scallions and lemon juice to pan.
11. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Simmer over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
13. Add bacon back to pan. Heat through.
14. Stir and serve.
15. Garnish with the chopped parsley.