Creamy Macaroni & Cheese
- serves 6
The key to making this mac and cheese extra-creamy? Yogourt!
Courtesy of Astro.
2 ½ cup dried macaroni noodles
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
3 Tbsp flour
1 cup Astro Original Balkan Style Plain yogourt
4 cup grated Black Diamond cheddar cheese, medium or old
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
2. Drain pasta, reserving cooking liquid, and set aside.
3. Return the pot to the stovetop and melt Lactantia butter over medium low heat. Add flour and cook 3 minutes.
4. Add Astro Original Balkan Style yogourt and stir until combined. Add Black Diamond cheese gradually, adding reserved cooking liquid as needed to form a smooth sauce. Stir in dijon mustard and garlic powder.
5. Add cooked pasta to cheese sauce and mix together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.