Creamy Potato and Leek Soup
- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 2 - 3
Courtesy of Cavendish Farms.
3 cups Cavendish Farms Chunky Diced Potatoes
2 cups 35% cream
2 leeks, washed and finely cut
1 cup bacon, cooked and finely chopped
¾ cup vegetable (or chicken) stock
1 tsp garlic, minced
2 pinches each salt and pepper
1 Tbsp butter
1. Place Cavendish Farms Chunky Diced Potatoes and butter in a medium sized stock pot on the stove top over medium heat and cook for 5-6 minutes stirring frequently.
2. Cook potatoes and stir frequently to prevent from browning too much. If potatoes start to brown reduce heat and add a small amount of water or stock to pot.
3. Add bacon, leeks and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add stock and cream and increase to medium high heat.
5. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until soup is at desired consistency.