- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 8
3 cup whipping cream
8 egg, yolks
3/10 cup sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla
½ cup packed brown sugar, sifted
1. In saucepan, heat cream over medium-high heat until steaming.
2. In bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar; gradually whisk in cream. Whisk in vanilla. Skim off foam.
3. Divide among eight 6 -ounce (175 mL) ramekins or custard cups. Place in 2 large shallow pans; pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up ramekins.
4. Bake in centre of a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until edge is set but centre still jiggles and knife inserted in centre comes out creamy. Remove from water; let cool on racks. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until chilled and set
5. Place cups on rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle brown sugar evenly over custards.
6. Broil 6 inches (15 cm) from heat for 2 to 6 minutes or until sugar bubbles and darkens, removing each when ready. Chill, uncovered, for at least 30 minutes before serving or for up to 3 hours.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site