Crepes with Ricotta Filling
- serves 5
3 large egg
¼ cup water
¼ cup milk
2 Tbsp butter, melted
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup all purpose flour
1 ½ tsp sugar
1 Tbsp butter, melted for brushing panAssembly
1 lb(s) ricotta
2 egg, beaten
juice and zest of one lemon
⅓ cup sugar
1 Tbsp butter plus more for buttering baking dish
1. Slightly beat the eggs.
2. Add the milk, water, sugar and salt to the beaten egg.
3. Combine the flour and the baking powder and sift into the egg mixture.
4. Add 2 tbsp. melted butter.
5. Whisk together the batter ingredients until very smooth. The batter should resemble the consistency of 35% cream.
6. Let rest for at least 1 hour.
7. Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet on medium heat and lightly brush with melted butter.
8. Pour approximately 3 tbsp. of batter into the center of the pan and swirl around the pan to make a thin pancake.
9. Watch carefully and cook approximately 1 minute.
10. When the crepe is golden, flip it over and cook another 30 seconds.
11. Remove to a plate.
12. Repeat with the rest of the batter.Assembly
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine ricotta, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir.
3. Divide the filling among the 10 crepes and roll them up.
4. Put them in a single layer in a 9-by-13-inch buttered baking dish.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until warmed through.
6. Dot the crepes with butter and cover with foil.
7. Serve with maple syrup or blueberry sauce (see separate recipe for wild blueberry sauce).