Cucumber Seaweed Salad
- prep time15 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 4 - 6
Reap the health benefits of seaweed in this cool and refreshing salad.
Courtesy of Kristen Eppich.
2 English cucumbers
⅓ cup (80 mL) vegetable oil
3 Tbsp (45 mL) rice vinegar
3 Tbsp (45 mL) cilantro, chopped
2 tsp (10 mL) sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) jalapeno, minced
1 6-inch square sheet dried seaweed
2 tsp (10 mL) roasted white and black sesame seeds
1. Slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds using a spoon and discard. Cut into ¼-inch slices on a diagonal.
2. Stir oil with vinegar, cilantro, sugar and jalapenos in a large bowl.
3. Slice seaweed sheet into thin, 1-inch strips and add to bowl.
4. Add cucumber and sesame seeds and toss to coat.
5. Let sit for 5 minutes then serve.