Dark Chocolate Mousse
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
5 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon sour cream, room temperature
5 egg, separated
dash of salt
1 tablespoon sugarTo Assemble
1. Melt chocolate with water, directly on low heat, stirring until smooth and shiny. Remove from heat and stir in butter and sour cream until melted.
2. Stir in egg yolks, one at a time, mixing gently and slowly.
3. Whip whites with salt to soft peaks, adding sugar once whites become foamy. Fold into chocolate mixture in thirds.
4. Pour into a serving dish or individual cups.To Assemble
1. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.