Deep Dish Ham Quiche
- prep time20 min
- total time 75 min
This versatile recipe will hit the spot as a brunch, lunch or dinner meal. Brought to you by Tenderflake.
1 Tenderflake® Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shell
1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
1 Tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
1 medium Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
150 g Maple Leaf® Deli Ham, 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubed
3 eggs, beaten
3 Tbsp (45 mL) milk
3 Tbsp (45 mL) table cream (18%)
1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Prepare pie shell according to package directions. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
3. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet. Add onions and coon over medium-low heat until softened, about 15 minutes. Add ham and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Whisk together eggs, milk, cream and parsley in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Spread the onion and ham mixture over the bottom of the baked piecrust. Pour egg mixture over top. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the filling has set. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.