Diana's Chile Rellenos
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
24 long green stemmed chilies (hot)
1 dozen eggs
3 cups flour
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 pounds Muenster cheese
1 can spam
1. First I prepare the flour mix. I use a long cake pan, I put in 3 cups of flour, add about 3 tablespoons of salt, one tablespoon of pepper and 2 tablespoons of garlic in mix. (mix well together)
2. Cut spam and muenster cheese in long rectangular sticks. After chile is peeled you stuff one stick of muenster cheese and one stick of spam into chile.
3. Blend egg whites together on high until eggs white becomes stiff. Then you add half of the egg yolks into mix.
4. Heat up large frying pan with about 3 cups of corn oil. Make sure oil is hot.
5. Powder stuffed chile with flour mix, then dip into egg white, then fry until golden brown on each side of chile. (salt as they come out of frying pan and lay on paper towel).