Dijon Baked Chicken with Rice and Broccoli
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
18 boneless skinless chicken thighs (800g)
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon onion flakes
½ teaspoon red crushed chilies
½ cup liquid honey
½ cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon hot chili sauce, Asian style (or chili-garlic sauce)
2 cups basmati rice
3 cups water
5 cups frozen broccoli florets
⅛ teaspoon Mrs. Dash Table BlendWhen you arrive at home
1. Unravel thighs to flatten and scrunch together in a large shallow oven-safe pan.
2. Combine the following in a small mixing bowl in this order: spices, honey, Dijon mustard, soy sauce and hot chili sauce. Stir.
3. Pour evenly over chicken. Flip the chicken around with a fork until each piece is well coated. End by making sure the rough side of thigh is down.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.When you arrive at home
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine rice and water in a large oven-safe pot. Stir.
3. Cover and place in pre-heated oven.
4. Turn chicken over with a fork. Place in preheated oven beside rice.
5. Set timer for 50 minutes.
6. About halfway through the cooking time for chicken, flip the chicken over again.
7. When timer rings for chicken, turn off heat, but leave it in the oven.
8. Place broccoli in microwave-safe pot or casserole dish with lid.
9. Cover, then microwave at high for 5 minutes.
10. Add spice to broccoli.