Dill and Cucumber Salad
- serves 4
The taste of dill married with English cucumbers, radishes and fresh raspberries.
½ English cucumber, cut into 3-inch batons
½ English cucumber, shaved into discs
4 radishes, shaved into discs
1 cup baby arugula
1 punnet fresh raspberries
½ cup plain cream cheese
fresh dill sprigs
1 lemon, zested
fleur de sel, to taste (optional)Dill Dressing
1 bunch fresh dill, picked and washed
¼ cup white sugar
1 cup white vinegar
2-3 cups vegetable oil
salt to taste
1. Arrange arugula and cucumber batons on plate.
2. Stand radish and cucumber discs vertically on late, leaning on cucumber batons.
3. Crumble cream cheese strategically around the salad.
4. Arrange raspberries and dill sprigs on salad.
5. Dress with dill dressing around and on top of salad. If desired, very lightly sprinkle fleur de sel over top of salad.Dill Dressing
1. In a blender, puree vinegar, dill, and sugar. Slowing add oil until mixture is emulsified.
2. Turn off blender and add salt to taste. Refrigerate dressing for 6-8 hours to allow flavours to combine.