Dim Sum: Sticky Rice in Lotus Leaf
- prep time 0 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 4
4 cup sticky rice, cooked
4 big leaf, lotus
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp soy saltStuffing
¼ cup cooked chicken, diced
5 tsp cooked shrimp, shelled
2 tsp cooked black mushroom, diced
1 salty egg
1. Wash the rice several times until the water runs clear.
2. Transfer the rice to a heavy pot or electric rice cooker and add the equal amount of water
3. Simmer over low heat allowing the rice to steam for 15 minutes more with the cover on at all times.
4. Add sugar, salt, oyster sauce and soy salt to the rice and mix thoroughly.
5. Soak lotus leaves thoroughly in boiling water, wash them and spread them out on a table.
6. Spread one thin layer of cooked sticky rice on each lotus leaf then add stuffing on top of rice in the centre.
7. Cover with another thin layer of sticky rice.
8. Fold the lotus leaves inwards and wrap well.
9. Steam them in the steamer over high heat for 10 minutes.
10. They are ready to serve when hot.Stuffing
1. Mix all the cooked ingredients together in a bowl.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site