10 PC® The Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 Tbsp (25 mL) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
½ 300 g package PC® Milk Chocolate Bar, chopped
1 package (100 g) PC® 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, broken in small squares
3 bricks (each 250 g) cream cheese, cubed and softened
½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
½ cup (125 mL) 35% whipping cream
2 tsp (10 mL) PC® black label Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 pinch salt
1 package (120 g) PC® black label Chocolate Toffee Pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In food processor, pulse cookies to fine crumbs; add butter and pulse once or twice just until combined. Transfer to 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan and press onto bottom of pan. Bake in centre of oven for 9 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool completely on rack.
3. Meanwhile, place milk chocolate and two squares of dark chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted. Set aside. In stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese with sugar on medium-low speed until very smooth, scraping side of bowl occasionally. One at a time, beat in eggs; scrape down side of bowl. Beat in 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the cream. Beat in cooled chocolate mixture, vanilla and salt. Pour over cooled crust.
4. Bake in centre of oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until centre is almost set and the edge puffs up. Run a knife around inside rim to loosen cheesecake. Cool completely on rack. Chill until cold, about 3 hours.
5. Finely chop remaining eight squares of dark chocolate and place in small bowl. Place remaining 6 tbsp (90 mL) cream in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until hot; pour over chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Spread over top of cheesecake and decorate with chocolate toffee covered pistachios.