Double Vanilla Cake with Dark Chocolate Frosting
- prep time 0 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 10
8 oz butter
2 cup sugar
4 Tbsp vanilla
4 cup flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milkDark Chocolate Frosting
16 oz dark chocolate
8 oz butter
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup cream
1 Tbsp vanilla
8 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, incorporating each before adding the next. Add the vanilla.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to the wet ingredients along with the milk. Beat everything for a few moments until smooth once again. Divide the batter evenly between two 9-inch cake pans that have been oiled and floured. You may also bake the cake in a single 9x13-inch pan and just frost the top surface.
4. Bake for 50 minutes. Cool for a few moments than carefully invert the pans removing the cake. Cool completely before frosting with a batch of Dark Chocolate Icing.Dark Chocolate Frosting
1. Toss the chocolate, butter and cocoa into a bowl set over a pot of simmering water. This will insulate the chocolate from the direct damaging heat of the flame while it melts. Pour the melted chocolate into a mixing bowl along with the cream and vanilla. Gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar. Continue beating until the icing is spreadable.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site