Drunken Piggy Sandwich
- prep time 265 min
- total time 275 min
- serves 3
1 piece whole pork tenderloin, trimmed
2 oz dark ale beer
1 clove garlic, minced fine
salt and cracked black pepper to taste
½ Tbsp smoked paprika
½ Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
½ Tbsp ground cumin, toasted
½ Tbsp dry mustard powderGrilled Vegetables
½ red pepper, cut into thin strips
½ yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
½ orange pepper, cut into thin strips
½ small onion, cut into rounds/rings
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
3 large Pada bread buns
3 oz applewood smoked Cheddar cheese
Apple Compound Butter (see recipe)Apple Compound Butter
1 lb. butter, softened
7/10 cup apple sauce
2 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Combine all the ingredients for the rub. Rub the trimmed tenderloin with the spiced rub miuxture and place into a shallow baking dish. Add the beer and coat the pork on all sides. Marinate 4-6 hours.
2. Pre-heat your grill to medium high heat and grill the pork to desired doneness. Remove the cooked pork from the grill and set aside to rest.Grilled Vegetables
1. Grill the mixed peppers with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Cut the Pada bread in half and brush each side with the apple butter. Toast the bread lightly and fill each sandwich with the grilled vegetables and sliced pork tenderloin. Layer on the sliced cheddar cheese and serve the sandwich warm.Apple Compound Butter
1. Whip butter until light and fluffy, then add the apple sauce and mixed herbs.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site