Dulce de Leche Brownies
- prep time 210 min
- total time 235 min
- serves 60
1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milkBrownie Layer
2 cup (500 ml) dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (at least 65-70% cocoa solids)
½ cup (125 ml) unsalted butter
¾ cup (175 ml) packed brown sugar
¾ cup (175 ml) granulated sugar
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
½ tsp (2 ml) salt
1 cup (250 ml) toasted pecan halvesGanache
1 cup (250 ml) dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (at least 65-70% cocoa solids)
1 cup (250 ml) 35% whipping cream
fleur de sel
1. For dulce de leche: Remove label from can of condensed milk. Using a church key (can-punch), poke two holes in the top of the can at opposite sides. Place can in small saucepan. Add water to come 1 inch (2.5 cm) below top of can. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil for 3 hours, topping up water regularly. Remove saucepan from heat. Carefully remove can. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Open can. Using spoon, scrape dulce le leche into a bowl; stir until homogenous.Brownie Layer
1. For brownie: Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease 13 x 9-inch (3 L) metal cake pan. For easy removal, line pan with parchment paper leaving an overhang, then grease paper.
2. In saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugars and vanilla. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Add flour and salt; using wooden spoon, stir just until combined. Stir in pecans. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Bake in centre of oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out almost clean. Cool to room temperature on wire rack. Spread with dulce de leche.Ganache
1. For ganache: Place chocolate in heatproof bowl. In small saucepan, heat whipping cream to a boil over medium heat. Pour over chocolate; let stand 3 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Pour immediately over dulce de leche layer, spreading to cover. Let stand for 30 minutes to set.
2. Cut into small squares, cutting brownie 6 X 10. Just before serving, sprinkle each brownie with small pinch of fleur de sel.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site