Earl Grey Tea Loaf with Scented Melon and Pineapple
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 1
2 cup + 2 tbsp hot brewed earl grey tea
1 cup raisins
2 ½ cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cloves
¼ tsp black pepper
½ cup butter
6 Tbsp icing sugar, siftedTea Scented Melon and Pineappl
1 bag chamomile or rosehip tea
4 Tbsp lime juice
6 Tbsp sugar
1 cup honeydew mellonballs
1 cup watermelon mellonballs
1 cup golden pineapple mellonballs
Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
mint leavesTo Assemble
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Pour 2 cups hot Earl Grey tea over raisins and set aside to soak.
3. In medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. Cut in butter until blended thoroughly.
4. Add tea with raisins and stir until smooth.
5. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, when a tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove loaf from pan. Stir together remaining tea with icing sugar and brush over loaf.Tea Scented Melon and Pineappl
1. Heat tea bag in lime juice and simmer for 10 minutes to infuse flavour. Remove tea bag and allow syrup to cool.To Assemble
1. Toss syrup with fruit and serve with tea loaf, garnished with mint leaves (tossed into salad) or pomegranate seeds for colour. Fruit salad can be prepared up to a day in advance (flavours will marry as it sits).
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site