Earl Grey Tea Loaf with Scented Melon and Pineapple
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 1
2 cups + 2 tbsp hot brewed earl grey tea
1 cup raisins
2 ½ cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cloves
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup butter
6 tablespoons icing sugar, siftedTea Scented Melon and Pineapple Salad
1 bag chamomile or rosehip tea
4 tablespoons lime juice
6 tablespoons sugar
1 cup honeydew mellonballs
1 cup watermelon mellonballs
1 cup golden pineapple mellonballs
Pomegranate seeds, for garnishTo Assemble
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Pour 2 cups hot Earl Grey tea over raisins and set aside to soak.
3. In medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. Cut in butter until blended thoroughly.
4. Add tea with raisins and stir until smooth.
5. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, when a tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove loaf from pan. Stir together remaining tea with icing sugar and brush over loaf.Tea Scented Melon and Pineapple Salad
1. Heat tea bag in lime juice and simmer for 10 minutes to infuse flavour. Remove tea bag and allow syrup to cool.To Assemble
1. Toss syrup with fruit and serve with tea loaf, garnished with mint leaves (tossed into salad) or pomegranate seeds for colour. Fruit salad can be prepared up to a day in advance (flavours will marry as it sits).