Easy Egg Sandwich
- prep time 10 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 4
2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
4 English muffins, toasted and cut in halves
1 Pureed homemade ketchup
4 small lettuce leaves
4 slices Canadian Cheddar cheese slices, preferred variety
8 cooked bacon slices
4 tomato slices
1. In large skillet, cook eggs in butter for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over gently and continue cooking for 1 more minute. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. With spatula, remove eggs from skillet and reserve.
3. Spread 4 English muffins halves with homemade ketchup and top with eggs. Garnish with lettuce, Canadian Cheddar cheese slices, bacon and tomato slices.
4. Spread other muffin halves with mayonnaise and place over sandwiches.
5. Serve immediately with sautéed potatoes.