1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4-pound)
1 clove minced garlic
1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh sage leaves, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
Season Well with Salt and Pepper
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 lemon sliced
¼ lb(s) Golden Beets; peeled and stem ends trimmed
¼ lb(s) Red Beets; peeled and stem ends trimmed
¼ lb(s) whole baby carrots, peeled and stem ends trimmed
¼ lb(s) red potatoes, halved
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp White Truffle oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1 tsp fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Always wash your chicken first and pat dry with a clean paper towel. Use the salt to season the inside cavity and the outside with salt and pepper.
3. Mix the minced garlic in a mixing bowl with the thyme, sage, rosemary and olive oil. Use this herbed oil blend to rub into the cavity of the chicken as well as all over the outside. The natural cooking process will infuse the meat of the chicken thru the cavity, cooking from the inside out.
4. Put the rosemary stems into the cavity of the chicken, and squeeze each lemon slice inside of the cavity, place the whole slices inside, and leave to roast.
5. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and place into the oven.
6. Roast for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the chicken is golden brown, and the juices run clear. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before carving.
1. Place the vegetables in a large mixing bowl, and season with the salt and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and place in a roasting pan or on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with some of the fresh herbs…Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes, turning once midway during cooking to ensure even browning. Serve with the herb roasted chicken.
1. Ways to tell if it done: Juice is clear, firm to the touch, Wiggle the chicken legs, or check for an internal temp of 170 degrees F.
2. Leftovers can be used in enchiladas, soups, sandwiches and salads.