Easy Lamb Roti with Veggies and Dip
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
1 ½ pounds (675g) cubed lamb
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon sweet Thai chili sauce
2 tablespoons Madras curry paste
2 tablespoons prepared garlic (or 6 cloves finely chopped)
½ teaspoon thyme leaves
pinch of salt
1 firm tomatoes, finely chopped
1 cup vegetable broth
3 cups cooked baby potatoes, (12 raw) cubed large
½ cup chick peas (canned)
1 teaspoon prepared garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon tumeric
1 teaspoon ground jeera spice (cumin)Veggies And Dip
1 pound (454g) mixed veggies
1. Sauté onion in hot olive oil at medium heat in nonstick pan until onion is very soft and translucent.
2. Add lamb to pot, stir. Add curry powder, sweet chili sauce, madras curry paste, prepared garlic, thyme leaves, and salt.
3. Add tomato once meat has browned.
4. Add broth and cook at high simmer until meat is almost done. Set timer for 40 minutes.
5. When timer rings for lamb, cut cooked potatoes into bite size chunks and add to lamb.
6. Continue to simmer.
7. Tear large piece of aluminum foil.
8. Brush a large heavy pan with canola oil at medium-high heat.
9. Place tortilla, spread side down.
10. Heat until top of tortilla starts to puff.
11. Flip Tortilla so that it doesn’t burn but rises slightly.
12. Wrap in foil immediately to keep soft and warm.
13. Repeat until all the Tortillas are cooked.Spread
1. Drain and grind chick peas with a fork in a separate bowl. Add garlic, oil, tumeric and jeera spice. Combine ingredients so they are well blended.
2. Spread mixture onto one side of each of the tortillas.Veggies And Dip