Everything Salmon Burgers with Scallion Sour Cream-Cream Cheese Sauce
- prep time20 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 4
Juicy salmon burgers topped with a cream cheese sauce, tomatoes, red onion, green lettuce and served on a crusty Kaiser roll.
4 (6-oz) skinless salmon fillets, cut into large chunks
1 Tbsp grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
3 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
½ cup softened cream cheese
3 scallions, whites and greens, chopped
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp lemon juice
Green leaf lettuce, for topping
Sliced beefsteak or vine ripe tomato, for topping
Sliced red onion, for topping
Crusty kaiser rolls, split and toasted
1. Preheat outdoor grill if using to medium high. Prepare hot grill with cooking spray. Indoors, use a large skillet rather than a grill pan and preheat with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil to medium-high heat.
2. Place salmon in food processor and pulse to coarse grind meat to form burgers. Transfer fish to a mixing bowl and season with grill seasoning, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and dill. Mix and form 4 patties. Drizzle the burgers with extra-virgin olive oil.
3. Cook burgers 3 minutes on each side for a pink center, 4 to 5 minutes on each side for fully cooked fish.
4. While burgers cook, combine in a bowl the cream cheese and the scallions and fold in sour cream and lemon juice.
5. Top the burgers with lettuce, tomato, onion and sauce on crusty, toasted buns.