Family-Sized Bacon Cheese Burger
- prep time20 min
- total time 55 min
- serves 6
Have some fun on the barbecue this summer with this impressive burger that is big enough to feed a crowd!
Courtesy of Amanda Riva of The Hot Plate.
14 oz pizza doughHorseradish Mayonnaise
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
3 Tbsp sour cream
4 tsp prepared horseradish
1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
¼ tsp each salt and freshly ground pepperFamily-Sized Burger
1 lb(s) lean ground beef
½ lb(s) medium ground beef
½ cup dry breadcrumbs
⅓ cup onion, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp steak spice
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp tomato paste
1 tsp smoked paprika
5 slices Cheddar cheese
5 leaves lettuce
1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked
½ red onion, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll and shape pizza dough into 9-inch round.
3. Place on a parchment-lined pan. Let stand, in a warm place, for 15 minutes or until room temperature.
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Cool completely.Horseradish Mayonnaise
1. Meanwhile, stir mayonnaise with sour cream, horseradish, chives, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.Family-Sized Burger
1. Gently combine lean ground beef with medium ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, eggs, garlic, steak spice, Worcestershire, mustard, tomato paste and paprika. Shape into a large patty, about 9-inch in diameter and about 1 1/4-inches thick. Transfer to greased rimless plate or baking tray.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat; grease the grate well. Slide patty onto grill. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until well marked. Slide the patty onto a clean plate and cover with a second clean plate. Invert the patty and slide, raw side down, back onto the grill.
3. Reduce the temperature to medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F when inserted into the centre of the patty. Top with cheese; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted.
4. Slice the Big Bun in half, horizontally. Spread Horseradish Mayonnaise on both bread halves. Fill with lettuce, tomato, burger, bacon and onion. Cut into 6 wedges. Serve with pickles and waffle fries.