Fast Not-Fried Rice
- serves 2
Recipe courtesy of Sue Riedl.
Serves two as a quick main course.
2 large eggs
1 cup whole grain brown rice, instant
3 green onions
1 handful fresh parsley
salt and pepper
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. While you wait, put your raw eggs into a bowl of warm water to bring them to room temperature. Once the water in the pot is boiling add the eggs and cook for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
2. Peel the eggs and then grate them into little strips on a grater—using the largest holes. Set aside.
3. Make the rice following the instructions on the package.
4. While the rice cooks chop the parsley and slice the green onion into small pieces.
5. When the rice is finished stir in the egg, onion and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. *You can use whatever is in the fridge for this meal (or side dish) so use up any vegetables you have or throw in frozen peas or corn as well.