Fast Stuffed Peppers
- serves 4
1 store bought microwave rice mix
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 green pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped (250ml)
1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped (250ml)
1 medium sized carrot, grated
1 cup cooked white kidney beans (250ml)
1 Tbsp butter(15ml)
3 yellow cheddar cheese slices
3 marble or white cheese slices
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C
2. Prepare rice mix.
3. Cut peppers lengthwise in half and core.
4. In a saucepan of boiling water add peppers and blanch for 3 minutes.
5. Remove and drain.
6. In a nonstick skillet cook onions and mushrooms in butter. Add onion, mushrooms, broccoli, carrot and beans to rice mixture. Stir to combine. Fill peppers.
7. Spray foil with vegetable spray. Cover peppers and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Make cheese cutouts. Remove peppers from oven and remove foil. Place cheese on top. Return peppers to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.