1 Great Value Large Egg, separated
1 cup Great Value Whole Wheat Flour
¼ cup golden yellow sugar, packed
1 tsp Great Value Cinnamon
¼ tsp Great Value Iodized Sea Salt
½ cup Great Value Unsalted Butter, softened
½ tsp Great Value Artificial Vanilla Extract
⅓ cup Our Finest Raspberry Cherry Cranberry Preserve Style Spread
1 package Great Value Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C.) Line a baking tray with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a food processor pulse the pecan pieces until finely chopped. Transfer to a small shallow bowl; set aside. Lightly beat the egg white until frothy in a separate small shallow bowl; set aside.
3. In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt several times to combine. Add butter, egg yolk, and vanilla; blend until smooth dough forms, scraping down the sides several times.
4. Shape dough into 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sized balls. Roll in egg white then chopped pecans. Place 2” (5 cm) apart on prepared baking tray. Bake in centre of preheated oven for 5-6 minutes.
5. Remove cookies from oven; cool 1 minute. Using thumb or the back of a wooden spoon, indent the top of each cookie. Spoon a heaped ½ tsp (2 mL) preserves into each indent. Bake 16-18 minutes longer or until cookies are set. Cool completely on the tray before serving.
6. Store cookies in an airtight container for 2-3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.