- prep time20 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 4
Crisp fiddleheads and bacon give this omelette a great spring taste.Ease of preparation: Easy
½ lb(s) (225 gms) fiddleheads
1 pkg of 1/2 lb (250 g) bacon, cut into lardoons
1 halves Half onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp (15 ml) chives, finely chopped
Salt and pepperOmelette
12 eggs, beaten lightly
¼ cup (60 ml) of 15% cream
1 Tbsp (15 ml) flat parsley, finely chopped
2 Tbsp (30 ml) butter
1 ½ cup (375 ml) grated gruyere cheese (optional)
Salt and pepper
1. In a saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the fiddleheads for 2 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
3. In a skillet, cook the bacon until golden. Remove the fat.
4. Add the onion and cook until tender.
5. Add the fiddleheads and chives. Continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.Omelette
1. In a bowl, mix the eggs, cream and parsley. Salt and pepper.
2. In a hot, 8 inch (20 cm), non-stick skillet, melt 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 ml) of butter.
3. Pour 1/4 of the eggs into the skillet. Cook over medium heat and puncture the bottom of the omelette with a spatula to facilitate cooking.
4. Salt and pepper.
5. When the edge of the omelette is almost cooked, but not the center, put ¼ of the filling and one slice of cheese on one half of the omelette.
6. Using a spatula, fold the omelette toward the filling and slide onto a plate. Keep warm.
7. Repeat the same operation for the other three omelettes.
8. Hint: It's preferable to cook two omelettes at a time, in two skillets. It's quicker.