Field Berry Sundae
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
3 cup raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and or strawberries
1 cup whipped cream
2 Tbsp berry liqueurField Berry Sorbet
¼ cup sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
5 cup mixed berries such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 large egg
1. Bring sugar, water and lemon zest up to a simmer in a saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Strain out lemon zest and cool liquid before chilling.
2. Purée fruits and lemon juice in a blender and strain out seeds. Stir sugar syrup into fruit purée and pour into an ice cream maker following manufacturer’s instructions. Once sorbet has thickened slightly (about 8 minutes), whisk egg white lightly and pour into ice cream maker.
3. Transfer sorbet to a container and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
4. For sundaes: macerate berries with berry liqueur. Whip cream to soft peaks and stir in 3 tbsp of berry juices.
5. Scoop sorbet into a bowl, top with berries and whipped cream and serve immediately.Field Berry Sorbet
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site