Five Spice Nuts
- serves 4
4 cup (1 L) whole almonds, pecans or walnuts
¼ cup (50 mL) honey
2 Tbsp (25mL) vegetable oil
1 Tbsp (15 mL) kosher salt
tsp (10 mL) five spice powder
Dash hot sauce
1. In a large bowl combine honey, oil, salt, five spice powder and hot sauce. Add nuts and toss until well coated.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Spread nuts in a single layer on baking sheet.
4. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 -30 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant.
5. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. Store in an airtight container.