Flank Steak Fajita
- serves 0
Soft, warm tortillas are filled with seasoned flank steak and a delicious homemade summer salsa.
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp black pepper
2 2 limes zested and juiced
¼ cup vegetable oil
6 6-8 soft tortilla shells
1 pinch Salt and pepper to tasteFlank Steak Fajita
1 1 whole Flank steak 1.5 inches thickSummer salsa
3-4 large ripe tomatoes chopped small dice
2-3 green onions sliced thin
1 red bell pepper seeded, chopped small dice
½ cup red onion finely chopped
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
1 Juice of 1 lime or 2 pending on how juicy they are
½ of a chopped jalapeno chili seeded, finely diced
1 pinch Salt and pepper to taste
Optional garnishes sour cream, cilantro, peppers, and guacamole.
1. Combine all spices for the rub in a small bowl mix until evenly combined. Place the steak in a non-reactive container like a ceramic dish and apply the rub all over steak with slight pressure as to tear little micro pockets of flavor into the meat.Flank Steak Fajita
1. Add the lime zest and juice to the steaks and drizzle with the oil. Cover and place the meat in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
2. Remove the meat from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking and let the steaks come to room temperature.
3. Preheat barbeque to high heat 475F-500F (246C-260C).
4. Lightly season the steak with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil and take them to the grill. Oil grill to help prevent the meat from sticking to the grill grates.
5. Place steak directly on the grill and cook for 3 minutes or until nice golden char marks are achieved. Give the steak a quarter turn and grill a further 2 minutes. Flip the steak and repeat.
6. Remove from grill cover loosely with foil and let rest 15 minutes.
7. Lower the heat on the barbecue to medium heat (350F) (176C). Right before you are ready to serve, place the tacos in foil and warm on the barbeque for 2 minutes with lid down.
8. Cut the now rested meat against the grain in thin slices. Serve with fresh salsa and warm taco shells.Summer salsa
1. To make the salsa, combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.