Flourless Mini Chocolate Orange Cakes with Ganache
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 12
8 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped (bittersweet only)
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
5 large eggs at room temperature, separated
1 tsp finely grated orange zest
1 cup ground almonds
¾ cup + 2 tbsp superfine sugar
2 Tbsp orange liqueur
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
icing sugar and/or cocoa powder for dustingChocolate Orange Ganache
½ cup whipping cream
4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 Tbsp orange liqueur
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease 12-cup muffin tin.
2. Melt chocolate and butter over a pot of barely simmering water until smooth. Stir in egg yolks gently, one at a time, then fold in orange zest and ground almonds.
3. Whip egg whites until foamy, then add sugar while whipping until whites hold a medium peak.
4. Fold whites into chocolate mixture in 2 additions and gently fold in orange liqueur and vinegar (the vinegar keeps the cake from cracking too much as it rises). Spoon into greased mini-muffin tins. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
5. Let cakes cool completely in pan. Remove cakes from pan and dust with icing sugar and/or cocoa powder. Allow to cool and pipe with a dollop of Chocolate Orange Ganache.Chocolate Orange Ganache
1. Heat cream to just below a simmer and pour over chopped chocolate. Gently stir with a spoon until smooth. Stir in orange liqueur and set aside to cool to room temperature. Drizzle ganache on top of mini cakes.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site