Foie Gras Lollipops
- prep time 40 min
- total time 115 min
- serves 20
4 large russet potatoes, peeled, cubed
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
4 egg yolks
6 oz foie gras torchon, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
2 Tbsp chive, chopped
½ tsp fleur de sel
Freshly cracked pepper
2 eggs, beaten
2 cup panko
1 cup duck fat (or canola oil)Caramelized Onions
2 red onions, thinly sliced
2 – 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp maple syrupCherry Glaze
1 lb. Bing cherries, pitted, roughly chopped
⅓ cup port
½ cup maple syrup
½ vanilla bean
1. Making the potatoes: Boil potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes, until fork tender. Strain and let cool. Pass through a ricer, or mash by hand.
2. Making the croquettes: In a bowl mix potatoes, butter, egg yolks, foie gras, caramelized onions, chive, fleur de sel and pepper. Roll mixture into balls (about the size of a ping pong ball), dip in beaten egg and coat with panko. Fry in duck fat at 375°F for one minute or until golden.Caramelized Onions
1. Making the onions: To a pan on medium-low heat add onions and olive oil. Let caramelize for 40 minutes. Add maple syrup, mix and take off heat.Cherry Glaze
1. Making the glaze: In the blender, puree the cherries with port. Pour into a pan through a sieve. Add the vanilla bean and bring to a simmer on medium high heat. Add the maple syrup and continue cooking for about 10-15 minutes or until saucy.
2. Stab croquettes with stick and dip in cherry glaze.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site