French Onion and Mushroom Soup with Mozzarella Gratin
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
2 tablespoons (30 mL) salted butter (Lactantia)
3 cups (750 mL) thinly sliced mushrooms
2 cups (500 mL) quartered, thinly sliced onions
2 tablespoons (30 mL) flour
2 cans (10 oz/284 mL each) condensed beef broth
2 cups (500 mL) water
¼ teaspoon (1 mL) Worcestershire sauce
12 slices French baguette bread, toasted
½ package (100 g) Black Diamond Mozzarella, shredded
1. Melt Lactantia butter in large non-stick saucepan; cook and stir mushrooms and onions over medium heat until tender and any liquid has evaporated.
2. Blend flour; gradually stir broth, water and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 min.
5. Laddle soup into 4 oven-proof soup bowls.
6. Place 3 slices toasted bread in each bowl; top with cheese.
7. Broil until cheese is melted.