Fruit Sticks with Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
⅔ cup whipping cream (35%) (150ml)
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (100g)Peanut Butter & Jelly Chocolat Vanilla Yogurt Dipping Sauce
1 cup plain yogurt (250ml)
¼ cup maple syrup (65ml)
1 vanilla bean
1. Thread 6-8 skewers with a variety of your favourite seasonal fresh fruit. Here are some suggestions: Strawberries, Green Grapes, Pineapple, Melon, Orange or Clementine Segments, Peaches, Pears, Apples, Bananas. For a treat, you could also include marshmallows or cubed pound cake.
2. Heat the cream in a saucepan set on low until just steaming. Stir in chocolate and continue to heat gently until it melts, about 2 minutes. Stir until smooth and transfer to a small fondue pot to keep warm. Serve with fruit skewers.Peanut Butter & Jelly Chocolat
1. Following the basic chocolate sauce measurements and method above, whisk in 1/4 cup/50 mL each smooth peanut butter and strawberry jelly to the warmed cream when adding the chocolate. Heat until melted, stirring to incorporate additions.
Tip: This recipe could easily be doubled. And remember, the better quality the chocolate, the better the sauce. But in a pinch, baking chocolate or even chocolate chips, works wonderfully. You could “soup up” the sauce by trying flavoured chocolates in place of the plain chocolate.
1. In a bowl combine yogurt and maple syrup. Cut vanilla bean in half and scrape out seeds and add to yogurt mixture.
2. Serve with fresh or dried fruit.
Makes 1.25 cups/175ml
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site