Garlic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with "Low 'n Slow" Spicy Portuguese Sausage and Crispy Parsnip Chips
- prep time 0 min
- total time 55 min
- serves 4
1 pound of Brussels sprouts, stems and outer leaves removed, halved
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Big pinch of kosher salt
Garlic, crushed with garlic pressHungarian Smoked Sausages
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4 spicy Hungarian sausagesParsnip Chips
5 parsnips, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
Peanut oil (or canola) for deep frying
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place the Brussels sprouts in a single layer in baking dish, and drizzle them with extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt. Mix together.
3. Bake for 25 minutes.
4. Add the crushed garlic bits to the sprouts and mix together. Cook for another 10 minutes.Hungarian Smoked Sausages
1. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a pan over medium.
2. Stab some holes in the sausages with a fork.
3. Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the sausages to the pan. Cook them for 20 minutes turning them every 4 minutes.Parsnip Chips
1. Heat the peanut oil to 375 degrees F.
2. Deep fry the parsnip rounds for a few minutes until golden. Drain and sprinkle with sea salt.