Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie
- prep time 0 min
- total time 12 min
- serves 24
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup brown rice flour
⅓ cup potato starch
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon tapioca starch
½ teaspoon xantham gum
¾ cup unsweetened medium coconut
1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
2 cups Nature’s Path Organic Crunchy Vanilla Sunrise Cereal
1. In stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg; beat on medium-high speed until lightened in colour and smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in vanilla and salt.
2. In separate bowl, whisk together rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, tapioca starch and xantham gum. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; mix on medium-low speed just until combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down side of bowl once or twice. Add coconut and chocolate chips; mix on low speed just until combined. Add cereal; mix on low speed for about 30 seconds, scraping side of bowl several times. Remove bowl from mixer. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Chill dough for 1 hour.
3. Arrange oven racks so one is in top third and one in bottom third of oven. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Form mixture into 2 tbsp (25 mL) mounds; mixture will be crumbly but can be pressed together into a mound. Place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheets; flatten slightly.
5. Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven for 6 minutes; switch baking sheets from top to bottom and bake 6 minutes longer or until just starting to brown.
6. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Let baking sheets cool 10 minutes before baking off remaining cookie dough.