Gourmet Salsa and Chips
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 10
6 plum tomatoes, diced
1 red onion, diced
¾ cup (175 mL) fresh basil, sliced into thin strips
3 tablespoons (50 mL) fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
¾ teaspoon (4 mL) hot pepper sauce
Pinch of sugar
5- 10-inch (25 cm) flour tortillas
½ teaspoon (2 mL) cayenne pepper
Olive oil for brushing
Salt for sprinkling
1. In a bowl, stir together tomatoes, red onion, basil, lime juice, garlic, salt and hot pepper sauce.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (190 Celsius).
3. Brush tortillas with oil. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne pepper. Cut tortillas into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle, across into three triangles.
4. Bake on parchment lined sheet for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden around edges and firm.
5. Cool on rack, and serve with salsa.