Grape and Muscat Wine Cake
- prep time 20 min
- total time 90 min
- serves 0
2 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
Grated zest of 1 orange
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sweet Muscat wine
2 cup red seedless grapes
2 Tbsp honey
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line the bottom of a 20-cm (8-inch) springform pan with parchment paper and butter.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl and using an electric mixer, cream the butter with the sugar, oil, orange zest and the vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients, alternating with the wine.
4. Using a spatula, fold half the grapes into the batter.
5. Scrape the batter into the pan. Arrange the remaining grapes on top, pressing them lightly into the batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 70 minutes.
6. Let cool slightly. Unmould and finish cooling on a cake rack.