Grapefruit Pistachio Tart
- serves 1
The stunning colour of pink grapefruit with green pistachios is a spectacular and unexpected contrast on a dinner table.
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup ground pistachios
⅓ cup sugar
1 tsp salt
¾ cup butter
4 egg yolkFilling
½ cup whipping cream
⅓ cup sugar
2 egg yolk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
½ cup ground pistachiosTo Assemble
4 pink grapefruits
¼ cup apple jelly
2 Tbsp ground pistachios
1. Combine flour, pistachios, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until the texture of coarse meal. Stir in yolks just until dough comes together. Chill dough until ready to roll.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F.
3. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for 1 minute. Roll out to just greater than 1/4-inch thick. Line a 9-inch removable-bottom tart shell with crust and trim edges. Chill for 15 minutes. Dock pastry with a fork and bake for 18 minutes. Allow to cool.Filling
1. Whisk together cream, sugar, eggs, yolks and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in pistachios and pour into tart shells.
2. Bake for 25 minutes, until center stops jiggling when tapped. Chill tart for 1 hour before finishing.To Assemble
1. Remove peel from grapefruit using a serrated knife. With a paring knife, peel away grapefruit segments from membrane.
2. Arrange grapefruit sections on tart. Warm apple jelly with 2 Tbsp water and brush grapefruit. Sprinkle outside edge of tart with ground pistachios. Chill until ready to serve.