- prep time 15 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 12
2 ⅕ lb. extremely fresh salmon fillet (sushi grade), skin on
1 large bunch dill, roughly chopped
2 cup coarse salt
2 cup brown sugar
¼ cup Vodka
1 tsp crushed Szechuan peppercornsMustard Sauce
¼ cup Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp brown sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
½ cup olive oil
A bunch of dill, chopped
Freshly grated horseradish, to taste
1. For the Gravlax, crush the dill with coarse salt and add the brown sugar.
2. Season the salmon fillets with crushed Szechuan peppercorns. Cover with the dill mixture and splash with Vodka. Sandwich the fillets together, tail-to-tail, and cover with plastic wrap. Cover the salmon with another plate and something that weighs about a pound. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
3. After that time, the flesh will have lost its translucence. Rinse under cold water and path dry.Mustard Sauce
1. For the sauce, combine the mustard, brown sugar and lemon juice. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and stir in the chopped dill and grated horseradish
2. Slice the Gravlax thinly on the bias and without the skin. Serve with crackers and the mustard sauce.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site